Team Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Chaos

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

18th of December

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TC_Deception
Infected by Chaoticism
Infected by Chaoticism
TC_Deception

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-01

18th of December Empty
PostSubject: 18th of December   18th of December Empty2008-07-30, 20:22

This is my first ever simfile. I have no prior stepping experience. I\'d like to have some experienced step artists critique this file for me. I hope to make more soon, and I know your advice will help.

...before anyone asks: Yes, I payed attention to pitch-relevancy.

Click the banner for the download link.

18th of December Bannerdk8

EDIT: Don\'t play it in Resonance. It seems a little off-sync there.

DOUBLE-EDIT: I took your suggestions and I completely re-did the file from scratch. I\'d appreciate it if you would download it again and tell me what you think once more. The banner links to the new version.

Last edited by TC_Deception on 2008-07-31, 15:16; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/arrekusuof93
TC_Matrixdude
Chaos Missionary
Chaos Missionary
TC_Matrixdude

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-05-25

18th of December Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18th of December   18th of December Empty2008-07-31, 15:13

18th of December Notfound
Back to top Go down
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/Matrixdude/
TC_Deception
Infected by Chaoticism
Infected by Chaoticism
TC_Deception

18th of December Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18th of December   18th of December Empty2008-07-31, 15:14

HOLY HELL DUDE. You tried to download as soon as I deleted it. I'm uploading a new version now and I'll edit my post. ROFL
Back to top Go down
TC_Matrixdude
Chaos Missionary
Chaos Missionary
TC_Matrixdude

18th of December Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18th of December   18th of December Empty2008-07-31, 15:15

LOL. Wow nice quick response. Yeah why'd you delete it? Whatever, hurry up and post the new file!! <3
Back to top Go down
TC_Deception
Infected by Chaoticism
Infected by Chaoticism
TC_Deception

18th of December Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18th of December   18th of December Empty2008-07-31, 15:18

k, original post has been edited.
Back to top Go down
TC_Matrixdude
Chaos Missionary
Chaos Missionary
TC_Matrixdude

18th of December Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18th of December   18th of December Empty2008-07-31, 15:44

Hmm, it was actually pretty amazing for a first file (we shall never ever speak of my first file =P)

My only gripe about it was that I found the constant use of holds unnecessary, or at least too long. I realize that you had intended to make the file this way, I just thought that some of the sounds weren't drawn out as long as the hold note was, if that makes any sense. Also, there were a lot of sounds that I thought would've gone better with a jump instead of a single beat. Just little things like that can either make or break the file =/ Example: All of the snare hits were lone arrows, whereas I would've found it a lot more fun (and fitting) to place a jump there. That may just be a personal opinion (files are always differed in opinion) and I do realize that with the hold notes, some of the jump placements would've felt awkward and unwanted. That's kinda how it was through the whole song. Usually I like rhythms mixed in with holds for an elongated amount of time (example: in the Body Breakdown file by Dragonforce), but the whole song and placements just felt too awkward for me to even finish. Yeah I'm sorry, I didn't even finish the song. But overall, I'd say that it was very nicely done. I didn't really notice the PR, but then again I wasn't really looking for it =) Super quick edit: I just played more of the file, I have more to say =D. K so when the first hands came I quickly realized how unnecessary they were. They sounded exactly like any other beat and there was really no use for them. Then came the quick use of jump jacks. No place in this kind of file. They were way too fast (24ths) and I just wasn't expecting them at all. I did find it a lot more fun though, as it became harder and the gallop rhythms came in. Very nicely stepped, I might add, without the things I had mentioned above, of course =) K, just played EVEN MORE of it lol and I keep hearing a lot of beats that would have made for some great hands or quads, rather than just regular jumps. And I'm still seeing the unnecessary use of randomly placed hands on beats that sound exactly the same as beats you have jumps placed on. Consistency is key in most places.

Anyway, again, very nicely done. Not a file I'd ever actually WANT to play for fun, but that may be just me. 6/10. I give an "A-" for a first file =) Whereas I would've given my first file a "D-" =D

Good job! Keep working though, and always remember to keep things consistent. I had to learn this the hard way =(

elephant Condom-faced elephant for you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

18th of December Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18th of December   18th of December Empty

Back to top Go down

18th of December
Page 1 of 1